There are various kinds of digitized embroidery frames. At times, the simple selecting of the most suitable digitized embroidery frame for your canvas can be as infuriating as the sewing itself. For this reason, you should be given the various options that different digitized embroidery frames offer you.
The very first option is not to pick up any kind of digitized embroidery frame. In some situations, frames are not needed, as in canvas work, such as painted canvas kits, tassels and Hapsberg lace samples.
One more thing to get under consideration is that digitized embroidery frames vary in their cost. The cheap frames are appropriate in most cases, however, can be unacceptable in more advanced digitizing service. The affordable frames are Ring frames, Q-snaps and Stretcher bar frames.
1) Ring frames are best if the frame is 1 inch deep. If the slot is actually narrower, the material can simply fall. The frames could be wooden or plastic, wooden are the considerably better. The cloth must be held tight within the frame, but with ring frames a number of problems take place. By using smaller fabrics, narrower frames are adequate to hold the cloth tight. But when the actual fabric is bigger and also the embroidery work more complex, ring frames are quick to let the canvas slide, they cannot keep it tight enough. Plastic frames are easier to release the material than wooden types.
2) Q-snaps are another affordable type of digitized embroidery frames. Plastic bars are slotted with each other and the fabric is attached on a plastic frame. An additional piece of plastic is also placed over the cloth. But the towel is not tight enough and may quickly slip, as compared to the scroll bars, stretcher bars as well as slate frames employed in sewing.
3) Stretcher bars tend to be fairly economical and can be the best solution for any specific digitized service. The stretcher bar frames are wooden and the material is held perfectly tight. The bars are offered in pairs, and every bar offers dog teeth that maintain the tightness of the garment. Pairs of stretcher bars may be combined together for larger materials. You can shape a rectangular form for the frames by utilizing two pairs. This kind of embroidery casing is ideal for Goldwork packages, Shadow embroidery, Whitework packages, Needle painting kits as well as present day Jacobean kits.
After that, come the more expensive kinds of digitized embroidery frames used on unique projects. They are the following:
1) Scroll Frames. They possess two pairs of bars screwed to each other so that a rectangular form is obtained. The only disadvantage is that sometimes the anchoring screws get loose and the textile is not held tight. When this is ignored, scroll bars are ideal, because they can be kept on a floor or perhaps a table, on practically any type of surface, and keep your hands free: you do not have to hold the frames at all times. The side bars that fit into holes using the main top and base bars can occasionally be too small for the fabric, so you must be cautious when picking the size of the frame. Being too short, the side bars can have an effect on the smoothness of the cloth and may leave creases.
2) The Second DigitizedEmbroidery Frame Is Slate Frames. The main bars possess tape staples onto which you fit in the material. Slate frames also have trestles, which they stand on steady surface. They are very comfortable. The side arms tend to be a bit longer than the scroll frames, so that the clothing is guarded from creasing.
3) Lacing. It is a better edition of the scroll frames. Scroll frames utilize only the major bars for pressure over the material. With lacing, the cloth is sewn on the four edges, on the side bars as well, to guarantee better pressure so that the canvas is better extended. If the fabric is smooth and tears easily, sew a tape of curtain fabric on the sides after which connect them to the bars.
If this post spurred your interest and you want to find out more about Embroidery Digitizing, please visit https://excellentdigitizing.com
Excellent Digitizing LLC is a Houston, TX based embroidery digitizing service provider.
At Excellent Digitizing, we offer embroidery digitizing services that cover all the materials mentioned above and even more. With over 10 years of professional experience, you can count on us for your impeccably digitized artwork at the most affordable rates, delivered on time, each and every time.
For more details about our digitizing services, please visit
For more details about our vector graphic services, please visit
For more details about our custom patches, please visit